I love this little family! Kiersten and I serve together on a church committee and she is a wonderful example to me of service and love. Their little family is growing in just a few short weeks and I am so excited for them! I am so glad the rain stayed away long enough for us to do their shoot in the blooming orchards today. Thank you Robb family for letting me have some ‘me’ time and photograph your family 🙂
Not sure what to wear for your pictures and they are tomorrow?!? Been there, felt that way. Instead of getting overwhelmed looking at your closet thinking, “what the heck do we wear?”, check out these easy and quick tips to achieving a look you want:
- Don’t be afraid to be color coordinated! It’s okay for you to have the same color on, as long as we don’t make it too matchy-matchy.
- Don’t be afraid of color itself. Don’t get sucked back into the old trend of all black or white tops with jeans. While this can be an okay starting point, this isn’t 2000. Let’s mix it up a little by:
- Choose prints and textures mixed with solids. This is my favorite way to mix things up within a couple or family and is so easy to implement.
- Choose a color that each family member can wear that complements each other.
- This is a simple way to change up your look! You can choose a basic bottom and top and use patterns& textures to add variety to the layers you add. Using undershirts, jackets, sweaters, or vests are just some ways to add layers.
- Jewelry can add dimension to your outfit. I recommend choosing a necklace that is symmetrical so that you don’t have to worry about it being perfectly aligned.
- Scarves, bracelets, earrings, belts, hairbands & bows, and even hats are all great ways to bring interest to your clothing and can easily be switched out to alter your look.
Still feel overwhelmed when it comes to chatting about colors, layering, and accessories? Here are some additional examples:
Introducing the Millett Family! Loved the weather we had this for session. It was beautiful!
The R. Family contacted me to do family pictures and I sure loved working with them! One of their sons had just returned home from a mission and a week later another was headed out! Such a beautiful and fun family 🙂