I love this little family! Kiersten and I serve together on a church committee and she is a wonderful example to me of service and love. Their little family is growing in just a few short weeks and I am so excited for them! I am so glad the rain stayed away long enough for us to do their shoot in the blooming orchards today. Thank you Robb family for letting me have some ‘me’ time and photograph your family 🙂
Last week I got to snuggle this handsome little hunk. He’s just over a month old and still so teeny. I loved his cute little expressions we were getting during his session. Welcome to the world Killian!
In the hubbub of a very busy few weeks followed by the birth of my child, I completely missed out on posting NaeDene’s bridals! I absolutely love NaeDene, she is so fun and genuine and beautiful. NaeDene was one of my first clients 4 years ago, and since then I’ve had the privilege to photograph her a few times. I was absolutely thrilled when she requested a bridal session with me. She is absolutely stunning in her dress and we had perfect weather (photographer’s love when the weather is spot on for their sessions if you can’t tell!).
I am so privileged to get to work with this family on so many milestones! Our latest session with the J. family was for Matt’s senior photos AND his mission papers! Ahhh! Matt brought his car along for some great shots before he sells it off.
Not sure what to wear for your pictures and they are tomorrow?!? Been there, felt that way. Instead of getting overwhelmed looking at your closet thinking, “what the heck do we wear?”, check out these easy and quick tips to achieving a look you want:
- Don’t be afraid to be color coordinated! It’s okay for you to have the same color on, as long as we don’t make it too matchy-matchy.
- Don’t be afraid of color itself. Don’t get sucked back into the old trend of all black or white tops with jeans. While this can be an okay starting point, this isn’t 2000. Let’s mix it up a little by:
- Choose prints and textures mixed with solids. This is my favorite way to mix things up within a couple or family and is so easy to implement.
- Choose a color that each family member can wear that complements each other.
- This is a simple way to change up your look! You can choose a basic bottom and top and use patterns& textures to add variety to the layers you add. Using undershirts, jackets, sweaters, or vests are just some ways to add layers.
- Jewelry can add dimension to your outfit. I recommend choosing a necklace that is symmetrical so that you don’t have to worry about it being perfectly aligned.
- Scarves, bracelets, earrings, belts, hairbands & bows, and even hats are all great ways to bring interest to your clothing and can easily be switched out to alter your look.
Still feel overwhelmed when it comes to chatting about colors, layering, and accessories? Here are some additional examples:
Today is this wonderful couple’s wedding day! So happy for them and excited for them to begin their forever together 🙂 Congrats Brandon & Julie!
Misael’s senior portraits were photographed in Idaho Falls – we captured both some urban feel areas as well as nature. It was fun photographing in a new place I haven’t used before!
We photographed Jose’s portraits in Idaho Falls. He knew exactly where he wanted his basketball photos taken, and it turned out to be the perfect place for them! I also loved using the alleys for his shoot!
Next up is Israel! He braved some crazy cold weather (like 10 degrees and a bit of wind!) and was the last senior of 2015 I photographed. Thanks Israel for a wonderful session!