I am so privileged to get to work with this family on so many milestones! Our latest session with the J. family was for Matt’s senior photos AND his mission papers! Ahhh! Matt brought his car along for some great shots before he sells it off.
Not sure what to wear for your pictures and they are tomorrow?!? Been there, felt that way. Instead of getting overwhelmed looking at your closet thinking, “what the heck do we wear?”, check out these easy and quick tips to achieving a look you want:
- Don’t be afraid to be color coordinated! It’s okay for you to have the same color on, as long as we don’t make it too matchy-matchy.
- Don’t be afraid of color itself. Don’t get sucked back into the old trend of all black or white tops with jeans. While this can be an okay starting point, this isn’t 2000. Let’s mix it up a little by:
- Choose prints and textures mixed with solids. This is my favorite way to mix things up within a couple or family and is so easy to implement.
- Choose a color that each family member can wear that complements each other.
- This is a simple way to change up your look! You can choose a basic bottom and top and use patterns& textures to add variety to the layers you add. Using undershirts, jackets, sweaters, or vests are just some ways to add layers.
- Jewelry can add dimension to your outfit. I recommend choosing a necklace that is symmetrical so that you don’t have to worry about it being perfectly aligned.
- Scarves, bracelets, earrings, belts, hairbands & bows, and even hats are all great ways to bring interest to your clothing and can easily be switched out to alter your look.
Still feel overwhelmed when it comes to chatting about colors, layering, and accessories? Here are some additional examples:
We photographed Jose’s portraits in Idaho Falls. He knew exactly where he wanted his basketball photos taken, and it turned out to be the perfect place for them! I also loved using the alleys for his shoot!
Next up is Israel! He braved some crazy cold weather (like 10 degrees and a bit of wind!) and was the last senior of 2015 I photographed. Thanks Israel for a wonderful session!
This Fall I was privileged to photograph a group of friends senior portraits! It was so fun meeting each of them! Here is the first senior, Daniel! We took his portraits out at one of my favorite locations this year. Love the water as a perfect backdrop. Then onto my all time favorite location to take pictures, back in town at a park!
I was so privileged to photograph this beautiful family a few weeks ago! I had a wonderful time and glad we captured some images they can cherish forever with their husband, dad & grandpa!
I had the privilege of photographing this beautiful family while I was home in Washington for a wedding & to visit family. I used to babysit these kids that are all grown up now, one on a mission too!
Thank you Cluff Family!
The beautiful Nichole booked a session and we headed up to an area outside Rexburg that I was just dying to use. It was so GORGEOUS and I had such a hard time choosing whch ones to show y’all. I LOVE her pictures, Nichole is so photogenic and had this gorgeous white dress that is just to DIE FOR. Thank You for choosing me for your photographer Nichole!
I bought this amazing dress at Goodwill for under $2! I had spent an hour looking through bins at the Goodwill Outlet store when it caught my eye. I have been dying to do some stylized shoots and Timber was a great model for me! I loved photographing her, she has such poise! Seniors, if you are looking for something like this for your senior photos, get in touch with me! It was fun and is unique and we got some WONDERFUL portraits! This is great for ANY sport, activity, and hobby 🙂