On Saturday we beat the rain and stuck around town to capture this beautiful couple’s engagements. Devon flew in for the weekend (and pictures) so I am glad we moved our session time up and didn’t get poured on. While we wanted to use some other locations, the rain last week made some areas too muddy for us, and the approaching rain storm left Idaho Falls out of the options.
Kylie is absolutely stunning and her baby blues perfectly complement Devon’s brown eyes. This couple coordinates their outfits without being ‘matchy matchy’ -They have complementing colors, patterns, and textures. We caught some flowering trees at the tabernacle, some of the last ones left.
Congratulations Kylie & Devon on your engagement and your upcoming wedding in August!
We had all sorts of weather for this engagement session. A little wind, snow, sunshine – it was kind of crazy! I am so glad I got to meet and work with Aaron & Savanah. They were such a fun couple to works with and took direction so well. I love it when couples come with a few ideas of their own – see twirling photos!
Not sure what to wear for your pictures and they are tomorrow?!? Been there, felt that way. Instead of getting overwhelmed looking at your closet thinking, “what the heck do we wear?”, check out these easy and quick tips to achieving a look you want:
- Don’t be afraid to be color coordinated! It’s okay for you to have the same color on, as long as we don’t make it too matchy-matchy.
- Don’t be afraid of color itself. Don’t get sucked back into the old trend of all black or white tops with jeans. While this can be an okay starting point, this isn’t 2000. Let’s mix it up a little by:
- Choose prints and textures mixed with solids. This is my favorite way to mix things up within a couple or family and is so easy to implement.
- Choose a color that each family member can wear that complements each other.
- This is a simple way to change up your look! You can choose a basic bottom and top and use patterns& textures to add variety to the layers you add. Using undershirts, jackets, sweaters, or vests are just some ways to add layers.
- Jewelry can add dimension to your outfit. I recommend choosing a necklace that is symmetrical so that you don’t have to worry about it being perfectly aligned.
- Scarves, bracelets, earrings, belts, hairbands & bows, and even hats are all great ways to bring interest to your clothing and can easily be switched out to alter your look.
Still feel overwhelmed when it comes to chatting about colors, layering, and accessories? Here are some additional examples:
I met this couple through Thumbtack and I absolutely loved working with them. We headed to the hills for their session to take advantage of the beautiful snow and trees up there! Sage was just in town for the weekend to officially propose and take engagement photos. Rachel and Sage were such naturals in front of the camera, I swear I hardly even had to help with posing! And they were up for anything – trekking through mid-calf high snow, braving the cold, and making snow angels!
Today is this wonderful couple’s wedding day! So happy for them and excited for them to begin their forever together 🙂 Congrats Brandon & Julie!
Tashina & Chad got married in the beautiful Logan, UT LDS temple. It was an absolutely wonderful day, and we had warm weather to celebrate. They got married just 11 days before our little one arrived, so glad they tied the knot when they did! So glad they braved the cold we had in Rexburg to photograph their bridals.