Last week I got to snuggle this handsome little hunk. He’s just over a month old and still so teeny. I loved his cute little expressions we were getting during his session. Welcome to the world Killian!
Not sure what to wear for your pictures and they are tomorrow?!? Been there, felt that way. Instead of getting overwhelmed looking at your closet thinking, “what the heck do we wear?”, check out these easy and quick tips to achieving a look you want:
- Don’t be afraid to be color coordinated! It’s okay for you to have the same color on, as long as we don’t make it too matchy-matchy.
- Don’t be afraid of color itself. Don’t get sucked back into the old trend of all black or white tops with jeans. While this can be an okay starting point, this isn’t 2000. Let’s mix it up a little by:
- Choose prints and textures mixed with solids. This is my favorite way to mix things up within a couple or family and is so easy to implement.
- Choose a color that each family member can wear that complements each other.
- This is a simple way to change up your look! You can choose a basic bottom and top and use patterns& textures to add variety to the layers you add. Using undershirts, jackets, sweaters, or vests are just some ways to add layers.
- Jewelry can add dimension to your outfit. I recommend choosing a necklace that is symmetrical so that you don’t have to worry about it being perfectly aligned.
- Scarves, bracelets, earrings, belts, hairbands & bows, and even hats are all great ways to bring interest to your clothing and can easily be switched out to alter your look.
Still feel overwhelmed when it comes to chatting about colors, layering, and accessories? Here are some additional examples:
This handsome little boy is my nephew! I was so blessed to be there for his birth (I will blog about that soon!) and a few weeks later I visited their family in Utah to photograph his newborn pictures!
Loved photographing with this beautiful family when their little one was a brand new baby. Malakai is so adorable and I loved being in this family’s home. Lifestyle newborn sessions are so personal and comfortable.
Wow. This family session was so wonderful! Stephi & Justin’s families are so wonderful and were great to work with. They took direction so well and are all so photogenic. Just look at these handsome people!
The whole gang! Both Stephi’s & Justin’s families
I hear grandparents have the best job ❤
Stephi & her family
And little miss Avery. Oh my heck SO adorable and squishable and huggable!
I just love how cute Stephi & Justin are with their little girl!
Introducing the Millett Family! Loved the weather we had this for session. It was beautiful!
Ryan’s cousin has a little boy who is just the most adorable thing! Dax’s baby blessing was a few Sundays ago and Ryan and I were able to make it. I just couldn’t leave without snapping some memorable moments with them! Congrats Deven & family on such an adorable little one.
I have loved getting to photograph this family! Since I’ve known them I’ve gotten to do Bridals, gender reveal, maternity, and now family pictures. They are so fun and wonderful to work with and their little miss Annabelle is absolutely so gorgeous.
I am not really doing ‘newborn’ sessions anymore, but still love doing these ‘lifestyle’ sessions in client’s homes. They’re comfortable in their own space and its so relaxed 🙂
This family was so adorable to work with. With the little one only being a few months old, we wanted to make sure we had an indoor space. They are so so cute! Thank You P. Family for allowing me this opportunity, and thank you Joe for all of your help moving us into our new apartment.
I always feel it is so important to get a picture of the parents, just the two of them!
Loved her cute personality!
Seriously adorable children!
My cousin’s family added a handsome little boy to their family last month and I was privileged to photograph his newborn photos. There is nothing quite so life-affirming as holding a tiny new life!