Not sure what to wear for your pictures and they are tomorrow?!? Been there, felt that way. Instead of getting overwhelmed looking at your closet thinking, “what the heck do we wear?”, check out these easy and quick tips to achieving a look you want:
- Don’t be afraid to be color coordinated! It’s okay for you to have the same color on, as long as we don’t make it too matchy-matchy.
- Don’t be afraid of color itself. Don’t get sucked back into the old trend of all black or white tops with jeans. While this can be an okay starting point, this isn’t 2000. Let’s mix it up a little by:
- Choose prints and textures mixed with solids. This is my favorite way to mix things up within a couple or family and is so easy to implement.
- Choose a color that each family member can wear that complements each other.
- This is a simple way to change up your look! You can choose a basic bottom and top and use patterns& textures to add variety to the layers you add. Using undershirts, jackets, sweaters, or vests are just some ways to add layers.
- Jewelry can add dimension to your outfit. I recommend choosing a necklace that is symmetrical so that you don’t have to worry about it being perfectly aligned.
- Scarves, bracelets, earrings, belts, hairbands & bows, and even hats are all great ways to bring interest to your clothing and can easily be switched out to alter your look.
Still feel overwhelmed when it comes to chatting about colors, layering, and accessories? Here are some additional examples:
Everything about this November winter wedding was seriously divine. I loved their theme and decorations, I had a blast hanging out with the bride & her girls beforehand while they prepped, and the whole night was one big party. Plus, we were on top of a mountain in a lodge! It doesn’t get much better than that, does it??
I bought this amazing dress at Goodwill for under $2! I had spent an hour looking through bins at the Goodwill Outlet store when it caught my eye. I have been dying to do some stylized shoots and Timber was a great model for me! I loved photographing her, she has such poise! Seniors, if you are looking for something like this for your senior photos, get in touch with me! It was fun and is unique and we got some WONDERFUL portraits! This is great for ANY sport, activity, and hobby 🙂
It is not often that I get the opportunity to spend time with all of my siblings in one place. The last time we were all together was for weddings in 2011. I have such an amazing and loving family who are so supportive and I just love them! We had a great time at Rainier, and had a beautiful location at the lodge for our family pictures!
My husband’s baby brother got home from his mission today! We have been counting down the days until he gets back and tons of family & friends came out to meet him at the airport.
Mom cried, Tashina of course had to ‘get a selfie’ in, Jason photobombed almost everyone, and Ryan gave him the classic welcome home hug. Terance also got to skype with his ‘2nd mom’ who couldn’t make it. All in all a special day!
Welcome back from the Las Vegas Mission, Elder Andersen!